Friday, April 11, 2008

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

Beat breast, breathe in the incense fuming from the stencher . . .

Bless me Father, for I have sinned. My last Confession was in high school. I angered the baseball gods by declaring--and even discussing openly--that the MMVIII Giants would not, nay, could not, win three ballgames in a row. I discovered that the lads in cream like a challenge, and that Jonathan Sanchez and Kevin Correia hate playing second fiddle to The Enchanter. And that Fred Lewis' voodoo-doll dismantling of our starting LF's knee was motivated by only the noblest of motives, that of "helping the team win" and being a "gamer." I shall endeavor henceforth to go ALL OUT ALL THE TIME and not get snarky about the prominent position of the word OUT and its proximity to the word ALL.

Don't be hard on yourself, me bhoyo, a coupla laps 'round the rosary beads oughta be enough.

4 comments:

CJ said...

Who'dve thought the season would peak in early April? Here's to many more surprises from the boys by the bay!

JC Parsons said...

I admit to openly predicting that our boys will never reach .500 this year. That could be in danger. Splitting ( or, dare I say it, better) with a hot Cardinal team would be something to build on.

JC Parsons said...

Impressive post. Not many people can work voodoo into a confession.

Kevin has put together many quality starts now, if you go back to the end of last year. His control seems to be light years ahead of where it was this time last year.

Kind of sad that it takes Roberts' injury to make Bochy a reasonable manager. Now if Rich and Ray would just follow suit, ol' Bonehead might get up to average.

M.C. O'Connor said...

Legba, Virgin Mary, yadda-yadda, it's all the fookin' same, eh?