Friday, May 13, 2011

At the mercy of the mega-corp

Blogger was down for almost a day. I get really upset when my free software from a worldwide corporate giant doesn't work perfectly every second. And I mean every second, even the seconds when I'm asleep and stuff. After all, it's my right to have a blog, and it is Google's job to protect the First Amendment. I was going to blog about it, but then Blogger wouldn't work. Just think--the Egyptians wouldn't have any freedom at all if it wasn't for Twitter. That's like Freedom of the Press. So, yeah, I was pretty cheesed about the whole "outage." Mainly I was disappointed that I didn't get to write about Matt Cain and his awesome start on Thursday. I missed the game (work), but got to see the Comcast replay that evening. Cain was a beast! He had killer breaking balls all day. He got hit by a pitch on the hand, stayed in the game, put down a perfect bunt, and then went back out to pitch. And whiffed the next guy. That's beastly. Grant Brisbee at McCovey Chronicles wrote an epic piece about Matt, you should check it out.

Did the Giants play today? I forget. Ah hell, get 'em tomorrow!

--M.C.

No comments: