Monday, November 26, 2012

Championship DVD

The nice folks at A&E sent me a review copy of the 2012 World Series Film (in Bluray, no less), and we checked it out last night. It was fabulous, and I highly recommend it to all my discerning readers. It seems the club hosted a big event for the premiere and everyone, no surprise, had a great time. I'm going to run a little promotional contest here on the blog very shortly and winners will receive a copy, so stay tuned. Perfect Xmas stocking-stuffer for those of you still panicking over the impending holiday.

GO GIANTS!

--M.C.

6 comments:

Ron said...

At the Giants' Dugout Store, I picked up the new orange Buster Posey 2012 NL MVP T-Shirt ... very nice!!!!! (I can't find it on the website, or I'd attach a link, although the one available on-line is sweet, too.)

Zo said...

MOC,
What I would really, really like is a dvd with video but the Giants radio announcers doing play-by-play. Is this what you are describing?

M.C. O'Connor said...

If you get the WS set of DVDs (which I did after 2010) you can watch the games w/o commercials and with the Giants announcers. Very cool.

This disc is docu-summary style of the season and post-season with footage and narration. Lots of fun. It includes Game 7 of the LCS as a bonus (and parade coverage, too) and I will cue that up tonight and see if they have the Giants guys doing audio.

M.C. O'Connor said...

Yes, the entire LCS Game Seven is included on the disc and you can access the Giants play-by-play. Very nice.

Shankbone said...

I finally purchased the 2010 dvd set (I have most the games on my dvr). Its quite fun to have the Giants radio feed and commercial free. I might have to try the 2012 version a little sooner. This could be quite a tradition actually, I could get used to this...

M.C. O'Connor said...

A&E is supposed to send me a review copy of the 2012 WS DVD set and I will be able to offer the same as prizes if I run a second blog contest. So, get your anagrams done and then we'll see about the next step.