Thursday, November 1, 2012

Discussion Starter

We all know who was the MVP for the LCS, and who was the MVP for the World Series, but who do you think the MVP for the entire late part of the season including the playoffs was?  Support your argument with memories of just how awesome your pick or picks were.

Meanwhile, I found this whilst browsing the innertubes:

bluedodgerwhiner.com

I don’t know if anyone else feels this way, but I was totally annoyed by the San Francisco Giants who won the World Series of Major League baseball recently.I mean, they are a really good team and all, but did they really have to beat our darling Dodgers in the regular season, which ended back at the beginning of October,and then continue to win after that against some other really good teams, including the American League team, the Detroit Tigers? I mean, during the season, we had some good players, Matt Kemp, Clayton and some other guys.Wait, is that Manny guy with the long, fuzzy hair still one our team? He was so, so right. Anyway, the team became owned by new owners including Magic Johnson. He was a professional athlete himself so is really good at sports, which is part of what I don’t understand about not winning the World Series by the Dodgers. Anyway, Mr. Johnson and some other rich guys not only bought the team and the oldest stadium except for some of the really old ones it cost them a couple of billion dollars and they had to clean Frank McCourt’s piss off of the walls, but rich guys can hire people that appear to be illegal to do that. Anyway, they then went out and paid a lot of money, about another billion dollars, I think, for a bunch of base-ball players who are famous, so that is why they cost so much. But then, they were supposed totally win the baseball games against teams like the San Francisco Giants but for some reason they didn’t. Instead they folded like a cheap suit, and I don’t mean the kind that Mr. Johnson would wear. So I just don’t understand because I saw on television all about Mr. Johnson and the Dodgers and it kind of totally meant that we were supposed to win.  We have totally photogenic baseball players because they have to be on TV a lot, so that is another thing.  We don’t have players with hair that is too long or have tattoos or something, at least that you can see.  Well, I guess Manny has long hair.  Anyway, I am pretty sure that the Dodgers should actually win rather than just have another team win.  If we ever win, we have wider streets.  I don’t know about sidewalks. 

13 comments:

M.C. O'Connor said...

There's something wrong with the images you pasted in the post. There is a hell of a lot of HTML that should not be there (one of the reasons to be careful about image sources). It's causing display issues. I can't see the previous posts--the last six should visible below yours. Go into the edit page and click the HTML tab. Delete anything that is not formatting.

Zo said...

I don't know what to do, it shows up fine on both my computers here (Win7 and WinVista/Mozilla).

M.C. O'Connor said...

Can you see all the previous posts below yours?

Zo said...

No.

Shankbone said...

Can we get Matt Cain to help out with this?

JC Parsons said...

I blame that the damn dogger cap!! Yuck!!

Or maybe, the damn ads across the top. Some of those things are seizure inducing.

M.C. O'Connor said...

The images must have had tags on them that were carried over into the post. For some reason, the HTML is several pages long with what appear to be tons of garbage characters. And, for some other reason, this caused all the other previous posts to "disappear." Ah well, old blog posts are like yesterday's paper.

M.C. O'Connor said...

Oh, and there should not be any ads on this site.

Zo said...

Sorry! I was just cutting and pasting. Would deleting the post help?

Zo said...

The other posts are still there under October and November on the left.

M.C. O'Connor said...

If you send me the images I can re-format the post and get rid of the junk. That should do it.

I thought your satire was pretty funny and I'd like to keep it. I dunno about the dodger hat, though.

Shankbone said...

Bengie Molina does not approve of this post.

M.C. O'Connor said...

Got rid of the garbage characters (and the images) and it all looks better, now. I can see the older posts below this one!