Tuesday, June 17, 2014

White Sox Trash Cain, Giants

The pain continues for the Giants who have now lost seven of eight. The Cain Train got derailed tonight as the White Sox pummeled the big righty for eight runs. Matt Cain has not been Matt Cain in 2014, and it's no goddamn fun. Life is better when the Giants win. I mean, sure, life's good and all, no complaints, but it's sure as hell better when the team is winning. It's like horseradish on your prime rib, man. I like prime rib all by itself, I mean it stands on its own, am I right? But you add a little root sauce from Amoracia rusticana and boy you get yourself some lip-smacking goodness, am I right? Right now I'm missing a little spice on top--my main man Matty is stinking up the joint and my fave team is free-falling and showing no signs of slowing down.

Jesus, Mary, and Fookin' Joseph, win a goddamn game already!

--M.C.


p.s. Tim Hudson and Chris Sale tomorrow afternoon.

p.p.s. What do you think of this?


3 comments:

Russian River said...

Do you remember the term - June Swoon? I hate it. Win, goddammit!

DrBGiantsfan said...

Cainer has gotten Cained a few times and has been injured twice. Beyond that, his FB has usually had more velocity up to 93 MPH. I think he will come around like last year, but yeah, it needs to happen soon!

I have no expectations that Carbonell is the new Yasiel Puig, but it's a very low cost signing with a lot of upside. I like it!

M.C. O'Connor said...

Yeah, me too. Carbonell seems like a Giants-type player, that is, versatile with multiple skills. Not a slugger, more like someone in the Blanco-Pagan-Pence spectrum. Switch-hitter, speedy, plays all three OF spots. Yasiel Puig is a once-in-a-generation talent, too bad he wound up in LA, but I don't expect other Puigs showing up anytime soon.


I was going to avoid the s-word until the team was under .500 for the month. Guess what? They are 7-8.