Thursday, October 5, 2017

Tournament Time

The final field is set for the championship chase with Boston at Houston and New York at Cleveland tonight, and with Arizona at Los Angeles and Chicago at Washington tomorrow. I see that the Astros clobbered Chris Sale, that's not a good sign for the Red Sox. Indians-Yankees seems like a tossup to me, two great bullpens. The Diamondbacks used their two best pitchers already and that seems like a big advantage for the Dodgers. Nationals-Cubs seems like another tossup, defending champs often don't go away easily. I've never been much of a prognosticator so I won't go further than that. I don't have a rooting interest, really, I'm partial to Cleveland, that winning streak was something, and I like Terry Francona. In the NL it's all about who has the best shot at beating LA, right? And I've no idea. The boys in blue are very strong this year and have a lot of good players. But this is the post-season tournament and anything can happen, as we know. I don't expect to write much about these games but I had to post something if just to move my previous post off the front page!

--M.C.


p.s. Here's a great picture of Matt Cain, courtesy of Ron. Thanks, Ron! I'll have to find a permanent place for it on the blog.




4 comments:

nomisnala said...

He looks as if he still has about 5 years left in that picture.

Ron said...

Photo (by my Wife, Susana) was taken at a Game against the Rockies on April 12, 2014, so he did have 3 1/2 years left! In typical fashion, he pitched 7 innings, allowing 4 hits, 3 walks, while striking out 8. Naturally, he lost, 1-0, when the only run of the Game scored on a 2nd Inning Tulowitzki Sacrifice Fly. The Giants mustered 3 hits. A Classic Cain-ing, if there ever was one!

Zo said...

Excellent photo!

Brother Bob said...

Fuck the Yankees. If the WS comes down to Yankees vs Doggers I will be disgusted.