"People have called me a freak of nature before," said Lincecum (1-0). "Now they have another reason to call me that."
The legend of The Enchanter grows!
We have all watched a ton of baseball (probably too much) yet I sincerely doubt if anyone out there has ever witnessed such ridiculous, confusing, reckless and arbitrary handling of a pitcher. Oh and not just any pitcher, our Crown Jewel, The Franchise....The Freak. Apparently Tim is just too young to know that the way he was used defies all logic. I figure my head is just not big enough to think like Bochy.
Setting aside the insanity of our management for a minute, last night's thriller had several terrific moments:
* Merkin has arrived!!! Talk about schpilkas!!! Anybody that strikes out the top of the dogger lineup to start a game deserves major kudos. Valdez is easy to overlook in this game (because of the freak show that followed) but he could really be the best thing about the night.
* Mark's Weenie made an appearance and promptly got dispatched by Tim. Sorry, Sue.
* Russell Martin, the one dogger I must reluctantly admit is a stud, was completely abused by Tim TWICE in key situations. Nasty pitches that Martin could only look at.
* Bullpen potential was just dripping out there. Sure they will screw up, but these guys have a chance to really be good. Taschner looks super confident, Walker has a pretty good looking split, and Wilson gets off to a great start with a 4 out save.
* Tim's hit, not only led to the winning run, but it was also one of best line drives hit by Giant so far. A sweet swing.
A truly entertaining game. Yet, I still have a lingering anger. Can anybody really justify the decisions made last night? Are these guys making it up as they go along? Is conventional wisdom a pile of crap? Enlighten me. Explain.
I guess it doesn't really matter when you have a freak like Tim to throw out there every fifth day.