Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bam-Bam!

What passes for excitement around here in GiantsLand is the hiring of a new batting coach. This guy makes my all-time, all-name team. How cool is a nickname like "Bam-Bam" and how cool is a moniker like Hensley Filemon Acasio Meulens? Admit it, your middle name is not anywhere near as cool as "Filemon." He's paid his dues professionally, and is supposedly fluent in several languages (not surprising in someome from CuraƧao), which has to be a good thing in today's game. None of this will matter if we throw the same squad of no-talent hackers out there in 2010. I remember thinking Carney Lansford was a good choice, but the brain trust threw him under a bus without so much as a second glance. The skeptic in me says "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic" but the sucker, er, believer in me says "change is good and ought to help." Welcome aboard Bam-Bam, I hope you like working with guys who swing at pitches that hit them.

No comments: