Thursday, September 30, 2010

One more win

Today's game reduced the magic number to two, so beating the Padres once would end it. One more win and the 2010 Giants win the West for the first time since 2003. Today the lads muscled up and smoked some dingerz. Buster Posey is the spawn of immortals. I didn't get to see the game today, and I'm just letting the website's recaps and Duane's "outta here's" loop endlessly. Did I mention Buster Posey is the spawn of immortals? Madison Bumgarner ain't bad, either. He doesn't like to give up runs, that boy. Buster Posey is the spawn of immortals.

The Cubs and Padres are tied at 0-0 after six, but it matters not. We have one more game to win either way.

Let's get it done!!!!!

--M.C.


p.s. Padres lose, fittingly by a 1-0 score. Giants clinch a tie. The Giants and Padres have played four 1-0 games this season. The Padres have won three.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain M.C. I don't think I missed a live Pablo dinger this season until today (more or less). Anyway, how should I reveal myself?

Anonymous said...

And, GO GIANTS!

M.C. O'Connor said...

We all love Bruce Springsteen. You should sign on as "The Boss."

Seriously, don't make any serious decisions about ANYTHING until the Giants clinch.

JC Parsons said...

The number is now 1. The puds have to beat us four times to keep us out. Amazing.

M.C. O'Connor said...

The anticipation is killing me.

JC Parsons said...

Actually dangerous hobbies are more likely to do you in.

Anonymous said...

Ok, that sounds most wise (or paranoid; same thing).

The torture is killing me. It's gonna be one Hell of a weekend. Gotta say though, I really like this Madison kid.

Well, I guess that I'll keep doing that thing that I've been not doing that I don't feel like mentioning. Taking one for the team. Go Birthday Boys! Matt Cain, Rod Carew, Jimmy Carter, and Me (among others), ASSEMBLE! Go Giants!

Anonymous said...

And that username has been taken.

Anonymous said...

When Buster Posey was born, his mom was still a virgin. He may indeed be the giants second coming. First there was Mays, now there is Posey.

aGIANTman said...

I would have to guess, based on his blog post today, that anonymous is none other than the famous Lefty Malo

Anonymous said...

Wrong.