Sunday, September 12, 2010

Postcard From Petco


First and foremost, I'm just extremely glad that my presence at the ballpark for such an important game did not contribute to a defeat.
Also, I'm glad it was not a close game. The Giants employed the tried and true strategy of "score early and score often" to great effect, and Lincecum was wonderful. (For more about this see adjacent article by JC Parsons, my bro)
I was underwhelmed by the ambiance of the ballpark. It is like Raley Field on steroids. Our seats were far from ideal, chosen to accomodate my 3 and a half year old grandson. So we were in the sandbox bleachers. We could see exactly none of left field.
I have nothing to say about the food. My frugal daughter Sarah packed a picnic. The plastic bottle of MGD beer I purchased was quite adequate.
An odd item to report is that there were so many Giants fans present it was hard to tell if something good or bad was happening to the Puds. For example, apparently late in the game the SD centerfielder made an error. I had to deduce this from subsequent action, and it certainly was not the type of thing they like to replay on the Jumbotron. Nonetheless, the crowd sounded delirious with joy.

5 comments:

M.C. O'Connor said...

Outstanding work today, BroB. You are the Road Warrior! I nominate you for RMC Fan of the Year Award.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous lol. I wish I could go to one of those. One day...

JC Parsons said...

I don't know...that picture looks like that Dawg guy. Are we really sure Bob went? We DID win after all.

Just kidding! Great work, Bro.

Nephew Eddie said...

What an awesome game to catch Bob! From the looks of it on TV I thought it was being played in San Fran looking at the fans. We were able to catch the later innings at Lolas and Pop's...when it was in hand. Got to see lots of highlights though. GO POSEY! Keep it up Giants... I want to be able to keep smack talking my Dodger loving co-worker this next week and beyond!

Zo said...

You are definitely NOT a jinx, no sirree, Bob! I do not know if they still feature Pesky's Combos there - if not, it is the equivalent of the Giants not serving garlic fries. For some unknown reason, the folks down in San Diego have a penchant for fish tacos that have deep fried pieces of fish. Weird, but passably tasty.