Saturday, December 15, 2012

New Contest!!

After the magical 2010 season, the Giants, per custom, were invited to the White House for a meet-n-greet with El Presidente. If you didn't follow the event, you missed a good one, as the Giants were, to a man, classy and gracious champions. Mr. Obama was relaxed and funny, clearly enjoying himself, and feted the team with appropriate ceremony. My favorite moment was when the President made a point to recognize Tim Lincecum and said "it just goes to show you shouldn't bet against the skinny guy." Another magical season is in the books, and the 2012 Giants are the new champions, and you figure they'll get another invitation to 1600 Pennsylvania and another schmooze fest with Obama. In the mean time, I've got prizes to give away, and a new contest for our faithful readers here at RMC.

Take a look at the photo below. Doesn't it just cry out for a caption? I mean, that's Willie Fecking Mays, mate, and he's got the ear of the Commander in Chief! What the hell is he saying? And how about Ol' Boch with his shit-eating grin, basking in the afterglow, wondering how his baseball career turned out so fookin' grand, to be hob-nobbing with such big-time celebrities and all. I love it. What a great time to be a Giants fan. So, write me a caption. Submit it as a comment on this post. I'll pick the three I like the best. You've got until Wednesday evening, the 19th, at 8:00 p.m. PST. You only get to enter ONCE. Your prize will be this fabulous World Series Champion Collector's DVD set from A&E. I can tell you it is very, very nice. You get all four World Series games plus Game Five of the LDS and Game Five of the LCS. These are complete games, no commercials, and with the choice of listening to the KNBR feed. You also get Matt Cain's perfect game and a bonus highlight disc, eight in all, very nicely packaged with box scores, stats, etc. The blu-ray quality is astonishing, even better than the HD broadcast I watched on my DishTV. (You can get standard DVDs as well). You want this. Of course, you could just buy them yourself, or download them for your iTunes, but you want, like the 2012 Giants, to WIN! So, sharpen your pencils and trim your nails and type me up something good!





So that's it. The nice folks at A+E Networks Home Entertainment/MLB Productions want you to have a happy holiday season. And I'm happy to help them help you be happy over the holidays.

Happy Holidays!

--M.C.


p.s. Winners will need to send me (mcoc13@gmail.com) their snail mail addresses and I will forward them to A&E and they will send out the prizes. USA only.

p.p.s. ALEX--you have not yet claimed your prize from the anagram contest!

p.p.p.s. The photo is from the White House photographer and thus in the public domain.

p.p.p.p.s. links
* THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2012 WORLD SERIES COLLECTOR’S EDITION BD:http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16148986&cp=2366583.2498442
* THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2012 WORLD SERIES COLLECTOR’S EDITION DVD:http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16148976&cp=2366583.2498442
  

15 comments:

Ron said...

Before this goes horribly wrong, how many entries per contestant?

M.C. O'Connor said...

One.

Please note I stated that clearly in the post.

But thanks for checking.

M.C. O'Connor said...

President Obama accepts Willie Mays' offer of a game of HORSE. The loser has to make a prank call to Putin on the red phone.

Ron said...

The President, appearing a bit nervous & contemplating a call for additional Secret Service back-up, whispered: "Seriously, Mr. Say Hey, the size of this guy's head is creeping me out - what's up with that?"

Brother Bob said...

"So tell me Willie, what's it like to spend every day of your life with perfect strangers telling you how wonderful you are?"

Russian River said...

Willie - "So Mr. President, when do you think you'll get a handle on the budget, unemployment and solving global warming?

President Obama - "I Don't Know"

Bochy and Willie Together - "Third Base"!

Zo said...

Willie Mays: "I don't know about you, Mr. President, but when I see the Republican caucus, they look like Dodgers. Makes me want to swing a bat."

nomisnala said...

Willie, "I heard you voted for Richard Nixon," Well Mr. President, that was then, and he promised me national holiday called Willie Mays day, and now I have come to the White House to collect on that promise.

Ron said...

Santiago Casilla, 3 yrs., $15M.

My first reaction: Wow, that's a lot of money for a guy who is a bit up-and-down & who will be 35 by the end of the deal.

However, upon reading what the minimum that they would have owed him via arbitration for the 2013 Season, it isn't so bad.

Now, if we can get the Brian Wilson low base, high incentive contract done, our bullpen will be set.

Anonymous said...

Mama Tay said...

Willie to President Obama:

“My Plaza for your House. First one to blink loses, and Bochy’s here to make sure you don’t cheat!”

Albie said...

President Obama to Willie Mays: “If I build it will they come?”

Anonymous said...

Irish Girl says:


Willie Mays, who played for the Giants/Mets from 1951-1973 and was inducted into the hall of fame in 1979, proudly meets President Obama in the White House.
Bruce Bochy, manager of the Giants, looks to the President thinking "I make more money than you" as The President stands stunned thinking "It's fookin Willie Mays!"

Zo said...

I think Ron should be disqualified for "'Chulk Call." Forever.

Ron said...

@Zo: Over the ages, societies have had a long track record of shunning true genius.

M.C. O'Connor said...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Contest Over!

Thank you for all the great entries. I have a difficult task in front of me. Winners will be announced soon--stay tuned. Meanwhile, I'll turn my thoughts to snow, holidays, skiing, and more snow.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++