Thursday, December 20, 2012

We Have Our Winners!

This was tough. It was a lot easier when I could fob the judging off on someone else. Next time I'll accept bribes--cash has a way of simplifying things. Ultimately I had to go with the guffaw factor. A couple of entries made me laugh out loud so I went with them. And one entry was clever enough to include all the men in the photo and give a nod to a classic comic routine that never gets old. So, to the business:

Winner number one is RUSSIAN RIVER with "I don't know" on third base.

Winner number two is ZO for "takin' a bat to 'em."

Winner number three is RON for having a "big head." (I was almost ready to accept the "Chulk Call" disqualification bid, but I always had a soft spot for Vinnie, who looked like an extra from Grease.)

Congratulations! And thanks again to everyone for chipping in.

GO GIANTS!!

--M.C.



p.s. Winners send me (mcoc13@gmail.com) your snail mail so I can forward it to A&E.

3 comments:

Ron said...

This is, indeed, a very proud moment. I think that you have my address. I need DVD - don't have a BluRay player. I'm not sure what one even looks like.

Thank you.

M.C. O'Connor said...

I was hoping to simply cut-and-paste your address from your email to my email to the A&E rep, thus speeding up the process. Follow directions, lad: "Winners send me (mcoc13@gmail.com) your snail mail . . ."

Zo said...

I intend to spend the rest of the year thinking about how wonderful the Giants season was. Spectacular performances in the post season. So many great stories and images. Championships are fragile things - so much has to break right to win one. But, by God, we have the team to do it.