Thursday, June 8, 2017

Late Runs and a Lying President

Win, 9-5(10) @ MIL 

On my desk , while I was giving my Biology students their final exam, I had my phone playing today's game as my desktop streamed the Congressional Hearings with the former FBI director.  Talk about multi-tasking.  The exam taking was very boring but the other two events were smokin' hot.  So, while James Comey detailed how the POTUS lied and obstructed justice, our beloved boys pulled off a highlight packed thriller.  By the end of the crazy ass game, I was at a retirement party for a couple dear friends! Needless to say, it was an odd and fun day.

Some game notes:
*  JohnnyC can't seem to lose against the Brewers; the last time was in 2012. He sure didn't  seem comfortable at any point today though.  5 innings, 2 er, 6 hits, 4 walks, 4 k's  game score 39
*  Austin Slater crushed his first homer,  a 461 ft. shot that is the longest rookie dinger this year
*  Melancon blew it for the third time.  He regrouped but yuck.  Are we suppose to forgive him due to lack of work? Hmmm.
*  Five hits in a row in the tenth inning!!! Sweet!  Four runs before we made an out.  Even Pence contributed!
*  Aaron Hill is quietly making a difference.  I think that is three or four big pinch hits this week.

Sorry if I missed a few tidbits, but I was a bit distracted.  In fact, time for me to get back to my MSNBC feed.   Go Giants!!!    Resist!!!

4 comments:

M.C. O'Connor said...

Closers are useless on bad teams.

Gutty win today by the lads. Who knew they had it in them?

Let's see some more wins!

nomisnala said...

bad throw by Hundley may have cost Cueto the win, Giants were 3 for 3 on pinch hits.

Unknown said...

Giants and politics don't mix! Go Giants!

M.C. O'Connor said...

Calixte optioned to AAA to make a spot for Dyson on the 25-man roster.