Thursday, March 13, 2008

Inspire Our Team!

In an effort to not dwell on Spring Training, (yes that means Timmy sucked so I don't want to talk about it) I thought I might try to stimulate our artistic juices. Perhaps this will inspire our boys to take a break from their quest to establish new levels of incompetence ( and fan anxiety).
Towards this end, it is time for the annual Spring Training Haiku Contest. The winner earns a free subscription to RMC (internet connection required).

Here goes nuthin'...

The cactus wither,
Arizona taps our hope,
Good thing we're gamers

Benjie batting fourth?
Centerfielders at all spots?
Sabean has job?

Defense, pitching, speed
Giants have it all this year
Monkeys out my butt

Gulls sob and wind chills
One hundred twenty losses
Long, cold, hard summer

Gee, I guess this might not be too inspirational.... Maybe you guys can do better.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Aaron hits walls as hard"
So SF bus placards boast
Gamer or Gomer?

"Matt: More ARM, Less TALK"
Adjustable Rate Mortgages?
Wait, aren't those things trouble?

New Giants Adverts
Bringing Hope or Confusion?
I am just not sure

M.C. O'Connor said...

the baseball's lousy
this haiku is terrible
seppuku, maybe?

M.C. O'Connor said...

I'm sorry, that was NOT inspiring. Here's a bit of Rockwellian pathos for you. (Maybe I should write for Hallmark.)


Hope springs eternal
for the men in uniform
and their loyal fans.

Anonymous said...

Bad season ahead
Martini, olive or twist?
For this I'm grateful.

Unknown said...

Your haiku verses
The most promising thing
To happen this spring

(Scary)