This season is going to drive me crazy. I love it and hate it all at once. Every glorious shutout seems to be followed by humiliating disgrace. Guess which one happened tonight.
- Tim was great; 7 innings, 4 hits, 2 runs, 1 walk, and ELEVEN STRIKEOUTS. Which, of course, leads to loss #5, his third since the ASB
- 18th career game with 10+ strikeouts, most in ML since 2007
- 233 strikeouts, leads ML, on pace to break Christy Mathewson's 1903 franchise record of 267!!
- Pedro was better (of course, he sure didn't have to face Utley - that was his 19th HBP, what a pro! - or Howard); career win #217. Damn, he got up to face Tim, didn't he?
- we went 0-8 with RISP and once again put on a clinic on failed opportunities
- Tim gave up his 9th homer (0.37 HR's/9 inning, 2nd in ML)
KEY FACTOID: The Giants are now 17-18 in one run games. Not great, but OK. However, the split is crazy: 12-1 at home and 5-17 on the road! Christ! Does everything have to be SO out of balance????
(in between songs, Les Claypool says "We're Primus and we suck." I love it.)