Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Busterfied Tim

In what we all hope is a glimpse into a wonderful future, Tim Lincecum and Buster Posey combined for one of the sweetest victories of the year, 15 - 2 over the Brewers. Of course, because the baseball gods mock me, I missed every pitch. So, this post is entirely based on a box score. Nothing else. What a journalist, huh?

It is a be-uuutee-ful box score, though. First Tim's line:
7 innings, 1 run, 4 hits ( HR, 2B), 2 walks, 10 strikeouts
Everything you want and have come to expect from the Freak: a quality start, few hits (especially big ones) and boatloads of the K's. I believe that is the fifth time Tim has reached double digits this season and each game is a "W." A lovely day for sure but it certainly is not the performance that JUMPS right of the page. I am, of course, talking about the amazing day that our young Mr. Posey had for himself:
4 AB 3 runs 4 hits (two homers, including a GS), SIX RUNS BATTED IN, plus a walk!
It would seem that Buster was trying to do his best Willie Mays impersonation. You know what, I'm down with that.
One word sums up this boxscore and those of you that have read this blog before probably know what's coming. (I don't think I've used it this year...) This boxscore definitely has given me
SCHPILKAS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the comparisons that I've heard. Will Clark, Willie Mays, Chuck D; nice people to be compared to. It's getting late/hot in Hell/NJ (it's Hell when it's 100 degrees). Let's hope that our rotation stays together for years to come. I don't want Corey Hart here if it costs Dirty and/or promising minor league prospects!

M.C. O'Connor said...

Fabulous night for our uber-ace and our wunderkind. Who knew the Giants would score 27 runs in 3 games??

I expected Posey to do well when he came up, but I was holding him to a "rookie" standard. In other words, I would have been happy with fairly modest numbers. I was in a big hurry to get him in the lineup, but I'm not in a hurry with his development. I want him in the lineup everyday and working on his game.

Then he hits two HRs and gets 6 RBI!! Wow. What's next?

M.C. O'Connor said...

Oh, and I did NOT wear my Tim shirt, as it had very bad mojo from the last two starts. Should have its mojo restored for the next time, don't you think?

JC Parsons said...

That's funny about the shirt. I, too, gave it the day off for the same reason....spooky.

Isn't baseball wonderfully wacked? We could be in second about 4 games back at the ASB.