Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring!



It was the Vernal Equinox--the first day of Spring--when we saw The Trophy in Mt Shasta. Looks like spring, eh? I've been having a hard time getting excited about the news from Spring Training and at first I thought it was just the lingering hangover from the months-long celebration of the Giants winning the World Series. Then I realized it was more about living up here in the north state where IT IS STILL WINTER!! My local ski area, Mt. Ashland, got THREE FEET of snow in the last seven days. The thermometer outside my window says it is just about freezing. The wind is blowing hard from the south. It will rain on me when I walk to work this morning. I'm not complaining--I love living in Siskiyou County. But I'm not quite convinced it is spring.

In other news, Matt Cain pitched poorly yesterday.

--M.C.


p.s. That's me on the left and JC on the right with our lovely brides in front of the Recreation Center in Mt. Shasta City Park. Yes, that's the TrophyMobile taking up the handicapped parking spaces. Note the fellow in the safety vest spying on us from the doorway. I think his job was to keep an eye on the fancy Toyota.

p.p.s. Photo credit: Brother Bob!

p.p.p.s. Link to article in Mt. Shasta paper.

6 comments:

Estacada said...

Rain, rain, rain. When will it ever end? We'll probably set a new record for days in March with rain. Like every day. Sun? What the heck is that. Please come back sun, pretty please!

Anonymous said...

Lol I love how you waited til the end to remark on Matty's performance.

-IN OTHER NEWS-

It doesn't feel like Spring yet here in NJ (considering it snowed the other day).

Brother Bob said...

Photo credit to me, Brother Bob, the third grey-beard in the group.
A bad day in the desert yesterday. Besides Cain first earned runs in months, Cody Ross pulled a leg muscle in the outfield. Time for us "sofa general managers" to spring into action. I say platoon Rowand and Scheirholz.

M.C. O'Connor said...

Correct you are, BroB.

Fixed.

Zo said...

You mean that they carry the World Series trophy around in the back of a pick up truck? I find this shocking. I would have thought they at least would have a trunk to put it into.

M.C. O'Connor said...

It's a 4-door. You see the back half. I suspect they use the back seat and strap It down. Maybe have a security guy handcuffed to It.