Sunday, August 21, 2011

Beer and Baseball Go Together, Right?

1. On the Lufthansa plane I was served a bottle of Warsteiner Premium Verum.
2. At my hosts' home I had a bottle of Waldhaus "Ohne Filter Extra Herb." (unfiltered, extra hops)
3. Then a bottle of Rathaus Pils Tannen Zaepfle (this brewery is owned by the state of Baden-Wurtemberg)
4. During a day trip to Colmar, France I had glass of Kronenbourg draft.
5. Freiburger in Freiburg, From the Ganter brewery.
6 &7. One evening in Freiburg we went to two brewpubs which served the beer made on the premises. First Feierling unfiltered, then Martin's Hefe Weisse.
8. At a cafe on the way to Bavaria I had a glass of Koenig Ludwigs Dunkel.
9. At Neuschwanstein Castle I had a glass of Hofbrauhaus Munchen Helles.
10. Lowenbrau Pils draft.
11. (See photo) My beer-drinking highlight- in the beer garden of the Englischer Garten in Munich a glass of Hofbrauhaus Munchen Hefe Weisse, with a grosse pretzel.
12. Spaten Pils draft.
13. Lowenbrau Urtyp (old style) from one of those funny bottles with the flip-off top.
14. Rupaner Pils, from Constanz, while on the ferry boat to Constanz.
15. Feldschlossen in Zurich
16. Radeberger at the Frankfurt airport
17. Yuengling in Philadelphia (does this count?)

MC, you may hate me for this, but I went to the Hofbrauhaus in Munich, the Mecca of beer, and walked through it like a tourist and took pictures but didn't have a beer. I hope I made up for this later by my beer and giant pretzel in the beer garden. It was a family situation and moderation was required.


2 comments:

M.C. O'Connor said...

I'm lovin' it! Man, I want to go to Germany and drink bier.

JC Parsons said...

What a great picture! Such a happy boy!