Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wilted Tim

Start #21   Loss   (4-11)    4.2 innings    7 hits    5 runs    3 walks   8 strikeouts

Once again the Giants fail to nail down the sweep, this time losing to the stink-wad puds 6-3.  Once again the fallen ace, Tim Lincecum, went well past mediocre and gave his team little or no chance of winning.  Once again I find myself at a loss for words at the magnitude of Tim's decline.

I am definitely keeping this short. I feel like Tim looked at the end of his ineffective, ( even with great "stuff" ) 102 pitch battle ( game score 35 ).  A weak hitting team, like the puds, made him work and pushed his pitch count up ... until he coughed blood.  Look for every team here out to take the same approach. Maybe we do have a conditioning problem.  I don't know!  It is somewhere to start.

2 comments:

M.C. O'Connor said...

This one hurt. I kept feeling like Tim had put starts like this behind him. I wasn't expecting Cy Young level, just veteran major-leaguer level, kind of like, you know, Jason Marquis. I expected a battle. Then, as you say, he wilted.

Zo said...

Sort of a pattern if you look hard enough. Since the AS break, first game of a series, blowout Giants win. Second game, less impressive win. Third game, loss. Except we won the third against Houston, so 9 - 3 since the break. That's pretty good. First game: 5, 9, 7 and 7 runs. Second game: 3, 9, 6 and 3 runs. Third game: 3, 2(L), 3(L), 3(L). One positive note from today - Carlos Quentin was hit by a pitch again.