Saturday, April 20, 2013

OMG Tim

I'm in a bit of a daze. Not because we won, but how.  The Giants took the second game of the series against the Pudres, 2-0, on the strength of a Panda homer and .... Wait for it  ... An excellent performance by Tim Lincecum. It was like a breath of fresh air from the past. If that makes any sense.

I hate to admit this, but I'm out of practice saying nice things about Tim Lincecum. It used to be so easy.  Praise rained down on him; shit, we called him "The Franchise" after about a month. But that was a long time ago, and, shall we say, a very different set of adjectives has been used to describe Timmeh. I'll give it a try.  Tonight, Tim was able to pinpoint most of his pitches. He threw over 60% strikes; which has become a rarity. The word is COMMAND.  That is a word I haven't used in a Tim post for quite a while. His line says it all really: 6.2 innings, 4 hits, no runs, 2 walks, 8 strikeouts. The word is QUALITY.  Another old mainstay of the vocabulary that has been on hiatus around here.

Well, here's to new good old times! Way to go Timmy, you were superb. I'm still kind of in shock. I promise to brush up on the positive vocabulary in anticipation of your next start.

9 comments:

JC Parsons said...

I really should have said more about Pablo's homer (just so excited about Tim!). It was an an EPIC at bat. Eight or nine pitches, almost all well off the plate and, of course, almost all were swung at. Finally a pitch inside, also a ball!, and he clanks it off the metal in right field. He is awesome to watch right now. Drives the old white announcers crazy, but he makes it work.

M.C. O'Connor said...

Tim looked great! What does it mean? Who knows? At least we can be spared your whining about him. Sorry, had to be said, lad.

Yes, Sandoval's homer was epic. The guy tried to come in after staying away and The Panda was "tut-tut, brother, you can't do that to me."

JC Parsons said...

No, actually, it didn't have to be said.
I dearly hope there will be nothing but good times ahead for Tim, but that is a fool's dream. So be prepared for more "whining."

Brother Bob said...

I was right about Zito giving the mojo back to Lincecum. We'll find out today if Zito kept any of it for himself. The boys must learn to share it.
Never stop whining, Bro. It's what you do best, no offense intended. Your rants in person are legendary.

M.C. O'Connor said...

So do you like the new look? The changes are pretty small, I admit, but they add a little color.

M.C. O'Connor said...

Oh, and I sponsored Nick Noonan's page on B-R. Conor Gillaspie, my previous pick, was traded to the White Sox. I would sponsor Matt Cain's page, but since he got famous and all it costs too much. It used to be $30 or so per year back when Matty pitched for a mediocre team. Since the rings, the rate has gone up. It is $260 now! I thought about asking for donations, but that's tacky, so I'll stick to sponsoring rooks and FNGs.

JC Parsons said...

So sorry for not saying anything earlier. The new look is GREAT. Nice work. Thanks for doing that. Rick's pics are excellent.

M.C. O'Connor said...

Yeah, it was a shame not to use 'em again. The Trophy pics are yours, of course.

Brother Bob said...

I also meant to mention how much I like the way the site looks. Well done.