Thursday, September 26, 2013

Final Tim

In the seventh inning, Tim Lincecum used six lovely pitches to dispatch the top of the dogger's lineup. Then he walked off the mound and, quite likely, into Giants history.  The Freak is probably my all-time favorite Giant, so to be honest, I'm not at all ready to process his departure. Not sure if I ever will be. But I have a feeling it is over ...

An eighth inning homer by Angel Pagan (shortest possible, but it counts the same!) turned out to be the difference as the Giants downed the smog suckers, 3-2. Too bad it didn't mean a thing. Funny how well we did against the West, 42-31 so far! Seems like that should have helped more. Oh well.

My gut tells me Tim is gone.  Of course, it is also reminding me that I had a tasty chicken chipotle burrito for dinner, so what do I know?

2 comments:

M.C. O'Connor said...

Tim will be back. I feel it in my bones.

Shankbone said...

Fitty Fitty. Should be a fun offseason, unlike the last couple snoozers!

Timmy is way up there on my list of favorite Giants. High five with Johnny Sanchez during the Braves series? Telling the runner at third to stay there? Man there was some postseason magic.

I think the Giants top out at 3/45MM though, and I think that's a wise hedge.