Sunday, April 12, 2015

Home Opener Tomorrow

Jake Peavy is healthy, that is at least a takeaway from this afternoon. And Brandon Belt. He's back on the field as well; I'm happy about that. Otherwise it was a rockin' time for Padres fans as they got to have a boatload of unwarranted dinger love this afternoon. I want to be pissed off about today's outcome, but I'm not. Hell, it's April. Let's all just take a fookin' Quaalude and relax, OK? (At first I thought is was Qualuude, but thank God for Google, it's two "a's" and not two "u's".) Anyway--I feel like there will be a lot of "anyways" in these posts--we are all here and ready to party for tomorrow's Opener. My good pals Rick, Nancy, Jon, and Betty are here in San Francisco (we are in my suite at the Donatello) and enjoying the spectacular weather as we decide where else to go for this evening's entertainment. We had a fabulous time at the Mikkeler drinking the outstanding brews and gobbling the delicious sausages, but I've got a hankering for some raw fish and sake, shouldn't be hard to find here in the Union Square area.

Anyway, the Padres are "serving notice" and I say "good for them" and "bring it on." A championship means a hell of a lot more when there is a dogfight to get there. They want a three-team race with LA for the West title? Hell yeah, so do I!

Anyway, we will be in Section 321 seats 13-20 row A tomorrow. That's View Box, upper deck down the left field line. If you are reading this tonight and will be at the game please come by and say "hello". I would love to meet any RMCers who are in town for the festivities. I'm sporting a beard and long hair (I'm working on the "full Bumgarner") these days and will be wearing the blackest jeans you have ever seen and a white 2014 championship cap.

GO GIANTS!

--M.C.

3 comments:

Brother Bob said...

It must be good to be you today. Have a ball.
The Sac Bee had a nice story about River Cats manager Bob Mariano. He's very proud of Chris Heston and hopes he doesn't see him again this season.

obsessivegiantscompulsive said...

I like coaches being proud and all, but I don't hope for that at all, because that probably means that Cain is out for the season, and as much as I've been impressed by Heston, I think we need what Cain can deliver to win the championship again, for the fourth in six seasons.

obsessivegiantscompulsive said...

Yes, totally agree, please chill. A 3-4 road trip including one through AZ is not so bad. Plus, it's the first week, and we already skipped two starters starts and lost two position starters to nagging injuries, so I would take 3-4.

Plus, had Bumgarner been his normal self, it could just as easily been 4-3 and a winning road trip. Is one game that much of a 180 degree turn? I agree with MC, it's not.

If you are working on the full Bumgarner, you need to share pics from the game!