Late innings have been hell this year. Tonight the bullpen bent a little but didn't break. They preserved Landen Roupp's fine start (6 IP, 2 H, 0 R) and helped the Giants claim their 61st win.
Bryce Eldridge hit his 16th homer in the 1st and Christian Koss added another in the 2nd. That was it for the scoring until the Cardinals got a two-out run in the 9th. The Giants loaded the bases in the 8th with no outs but failed to add on. That kind of failure has doomed the team so many times this season that it was nice to see them pull out the win despite it.
Here's a note from Sarah Langs about Bryce:
Cool, huh?
Getaway game tomorrow (12:45 PT), off-day Thursday, and then the Padres come to town for three.
Go Giants!
--M.C.
2 comments:
Get away day for whom?
Cardinals, I suppose! I always call the day game at the end of a series a "getaway" game. I figure it's for travel arrangements that they don't play three straight night games. Probably some phrase I picked up from Lon Simmons or the SF Chronicle Sporting Green fifty years ago!
Giants go to St Louis next week.
Post a Comment