Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Bad Start

Apparently MC is too pissed off at an ugly loss to the Doggers to post this morning, so I'll make a few quick, non-statistical observations.
First and foremost, it was a Todd Wellemeyer loss and a Giants team victory. I know, "moral" victories are like kissing your sister, but you've gotta love the way the boys fought back, with homers from Sandoval and Velez.
I was watching with my mother and my daughter in the second inning. Just before Wellemeyer threw the first pitch to Ethier, with the bases loaded, I said,"I have a bad feeling." I probably say dumb things like that all the time, but this time I meant it, and boy was I right. A grand slam. Doggers ahead 7-0.
Oh well, Today will be an entirely different story. Go Timmy!

6 comments:

M.C. O'Connor said...

Actually I was falling asleep in the 8th when it was 10-3 so I went to bed and missed our awesome comeback off Russ Ortiz.

M.C. O'Connor said...

Rowand took a nasty shot. He'll spend some time on the DL. Scary, a ball like that could kill you or cripple you if it hit you square on, even with a helmet. I give Rowand a lot of crap but it takes some cojones to hang in against big-time ML heat. I hope he's OK.

JC Parsons said...

That game makes me want to have a GOAT and Wellemeyer looks like a good candidate. Very "hate-able" performance so far. Blowing a HUGE game against the scum is pretty much a major felony in my book. His comments are pretty stupid too - blaming the ump when you give up homer after homer after homer. What a chump. I never understood why the job was his the moment we grabbed him off the scrap heap. Also, didn't he throw at Kemp which is what caused the hothead Padilla to throw at Rowand? ( We have not seen the last of that.) I know hating a Giant is kinda rude and immature...yeah, but it feels so right.

Zo said...

We apparently had too many outfielders just a few hours before we suddenly didn't. Irony, thy middle name is Gigantes. Apparently Rowand is not on the 15 day DL (as of noon today) in spite of having a concussion and fractured cheek (ouch!) from the HBP. I liked the spirited comeback, but of course it is damn hard to climb out of a 10-3 hole. Did someone overhear Bochy telling the Giants not to swing at the first pitch? It seemed to me like a number of those I saw on tv were right over the heart of the plate for strike one. One other positive note: all the pitchers who have not been pretty awesome so far were used in one game. We need some quality innings from Tim today while the hitters figure out a knuckleball and an early lead for Zito tomorrow.

jponry said...

Your banner looks all fuzzy and shit.

JC Parsons said...

The banner photo was taken on a ferry going to the ballpark. The "fuzz and shit" is called F-O-G. Go to San Francisco sometime in the summer and you just might see some.