Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Homers Doom Giants

7-5 loss in SF
It keeps getting worse. Well, Brandon Belt returned to life with a big game. But that was bad. Real bad. I was sure Jake Peavy was going to keep the ball away from Jay Bruce, but he inexplicably grooved one on 3-1 count in the 6th and that did it. What was that all about? I don't understand. You can't groove one to a guy like that--hell, you can't throw meatballs like that to any ML hitter. What happened to corners? I suppose this improves the odds that the Giants will make a move. 1-8 since the Break, time to turn it around.

Matt Cain tonight. Go Giants!

--M.C.


p.s. As much as the Giants could use a live arm I'm glad the Cubs sold their franchise soul (and farm system) for Chapman.

2 comments:

carmot said...

This second half of the season schedule always concerned me. AL parks, WAS, PIT, LAD, NYM. But a 1-and-8 start? Dang.

Oh, and the 13 recent starts from Samardzija (7.29 in 6 GS), Peavy (6.04 in 5 GS), and Cain (12.00 in 2 GS) combine for a 7.24 ERA! Shizzle. We'll need more down the stretch. From all of our guys. It's especially rough when we've been without core guys like Pence, Panik, and Duffy. Stretching our bullpen thin is another thing.

I really, really, really want to believe in the "even year" thing. 2016 could make me a true believer. Dream big.

M.C. O'Connor said...

I do. I dream big. This team is too good to collapse. But I need to see some damn wins!