Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Injuries Dim the JohnnyC Joy

2-0 win at LA 

There is still life.  Johnny Cueto (17-5) was dazzling once again but left abruptly in the sixth with some mysterious pain (I was watching the LA TV feed with no sound so you may know more than me).  I'm thinking back pain which could be a problem.  Earlier in the game, Brandon Crawford looked like he broke something in his left hand (again I hope I'm wrong).  So the obvious joy that should follow shutting out the doggers has been greatly diminished.  We just can't catch a break (ouch, pun not intended).

The real joy of the evening was the bullpen.  Okert, Smith and Romo all behaved like adults and locked the win down.  They did the last 3.2 innings, giving up 1 hit and striking out 7.  That is some sweet relief!  Can they do it a few times in a row?

Mets lost and Cards won.  Does that mean its a three way tie for the WC?  Yikes!!

2 comments:

nomisnala said...

Seems like the Rockies were placed in this league just to screw with the giants.

M.C. O'Connor said...

3-way tie, indeed. I like "adults" in the 'pen!

BCraw should not be allowed to do head-first slides. Leave that stuff for Nuñez.