First, the "same":
* Yet another walk-off win!! (#9 this season) This time it was Nate Schierholtz in the bottom of the ninth over the Reds, 3-2.
* Ryan Vogelsong continues to impress with a quality start (game score 51). His streak of six games giving up one or less runs was broken, but just barely. He labored sure, but he did everything he needed. Remember, the Reds have a very above average offense.
* Another injury to a key player: Freddy Sanchez. Freddy dislocated his shoulder on a dive in the fifth. This one really "hurts" since Sanchez has been fielding at a Gold Glove level to go along with some of his best hitting as a Giant. I hate to say it, but INJURIES are turning out to be the key to 2011.
* To replace Sanchez, the Giants purchased Bill Hall, a savvy veteran recently jettisoned by the Astros. I seem to remember him as pesky but not a game changer. I fear that one of the worst things about this situation is it means Miguel Tejada will stay as a Giant for awhile longer. Which brings me to...
* Tejada appears to be a new batter in the last couple days. Isn't that 4 doubles? Take a look at his career stats and you will see the guy sure knows how to hit doubles. At least he used to....maybe, he will rise to this newest challenge.