Saturday, February 5, 2011

RMC & BBA

Raising Matt Cain joined the Baseball Bloggers Alliance. Here's their constitution. I stumbled across BBA on Crazy Crabbers and felt like a kid who goes out to play and discovers everyone else in the neighborhood has new Keds and so wanted a pair of his own. Alas, there goes my "I'd never join a club that would have me as a member" New Year's resolution. Have to remember not to make New Year's resolutions.

Raising Matt Cain debuted on the 25th of September, 2007. Matt Cain threw 7 innings, gave up 2 solo homers, walked 1, struck out 8, and logged another ND. He "lost" 16 games that season. Now Matt Cain is an All-Star and a World Champion.

Blogging about the Giants has not only been more rewarding than I expected, but considerably more work as well. What an amazing cast of characters out there! All sorts of smart, funny, and interesting folks with boatloads of original stuff. I like the variety of styles and outlooks--you never know what people are going to see in a game or a ballplayer. I used to really enjoy sitting in the bleachers at Candlestick (LF, Sec. 30) and bullshitting about our favorite team and out favorite sport with my pals, with other regulars, and with complete strangers. Running this blog has been much like that, just without the spilled beer. It has been a great ride, thanks for tagging along. Game XVII tomorrow.

--M.C.

No comments: