Monday, May 25, 2009

Time To Talk Trades

Also from Schulman's article:

"The Nationals are willing to deal first baseman Nick Johnson and the Indians have made infielder/outfielder Mark DeRosa available. Both are potential free agents. Others who could be moved include A's outfielder Matt Holliday, Texas infielder Hank Blalock and Seattle third baseman Adrian Beltre, whom Sabean is known to like."

Links are fun.

Side rant: I hated the way Rowand made the last out last night. I've seen this over and over this season from the Giants and it's driving me friggin crazy. The three pitch strikeout. Take a good pitch for strike one. Take another good pitch for strike two. Then swing away at a piece of crap pitch for strike three. Lewis does it all the time, Ishikawa does it all the time.
Shit.

4 comments:

M.C. O'Connor said...

With Sabean ot the helm I don't want any trades. I especially don't want to trade for someone who's a free agent this fall. That's just plain nuts.

Jim Ellis said...

I'd like to see Sabean trade Bobby Howry to the Dodgers, just for fun...we don't need anything back, just the promise that he'll pitch against the Giants in a tight game

M.C. O'Connor said...

With our luck he'd strike out the side!

Brother Bob said...

I checked all our "Blogfellows" and only Nuschlers News and Only Baseball Matters are talking about trades. Tubesox Nation is brilliant, by the way.
I personally hate talking about trades. My aptitude for it goes like this,"We should trade Brian Bocock for Albert Pujols."