Friday, May 8, 2009

D-Day

At 1910 hours PDT today the USS Giants will steam into Chavez Latrine for a 3-game series of now-epic proportions. The 50-game suspension of the Dreadman Himself, Manny Ramirez, has the Giants universe abuzz with hope and optimism. The 8-3 trashing of the Crockies in Coors Field, added to a big win in the Windy City, has us all thinking that we just might have exorcised our road demons. RMC readers know that I'm a skeptic about our MMIX club. Despite SeƱor Slow's spectacular power surge (13 XBH in 100 AB, .600 SLG), the logical side of my brain says "you can't win with that guy as your cleanup hitter." I don't need to go into the rest of it, mostly because the guys I want to talk about are the same guys I said "shall not be named."

But they still have to play the fookin' game! You can subtract and add VORPs, WPAs, OPS+'s and whatnot all day long and, in the end, the team with the most runs on the board wins. I know with absolute certainty that the LAtriners are NOT a .700 club. I know with absolute certainty that we've got one hell of a lot of baseball left. And I know with absolute certainty that NOTHING WOULD MAKE ME HAPPIER THAN TO BE COMPLETELY WRONG ABOUT THE GIANTS CHANCES THIS YEAR!!!

So GO GIANTS, goddamnit! Get some payback! Kick some fookin' ass!

3 comments:

Brother Bob said...

I see you took my advice about not being rational. Good.

JC Parsons said...

Bob: You will always be the gold standard of excellence when it comes to irrationality. The rest of us are just pretenders.

Brother Bob said...

I'm touched.