Saturday, June 6, 2009

Is This Kid Special Or What?

Sergio Romo has more quirks and mannerisms than any player I've seen in a long time. Either he drinks WAY too much Red Bull, or a substance to be named later, or he's just a natural ball of energy.
When he gets out #3 he FLIES off the mound back to the dugout.
Oh and did I mention he's got NASTY stuff?
Barring setbacks it's easy to see him as our set-up guy.
And if Wilson can't stop with the excess 9th inning dramas, what the hell, make him the closer.
Wild thing, you make my heart sing.

2 comments:

M.C. O'Connor said...

We are all Romosexuals.

JC Parsons said...

I must admit, I don't think I have ever seen him pitch, so I'm not all caught up in the craze yet. His numbers are sweet, especially his control. Everybody sure does seem to be in love. Interesting how relief pitchers stir our emotions more than the regulars. I guess that's why we talk about "leverage" all the time.